Wednesday, May 7, 2014
To review the minutes of the last meeting go here.
Sustainable Potomac Highlands
1. Call to order and welcome new people. Resilience News: Tom Lewis
2. Approve minutes of the last meeting and agenda for this meeting. Officers’ reports as needed; treasurer, Transition liaison, communications.
3. Old Business/New Business
Patricia Taylor: beekeeping presentation by Brian Umsted?
Sarah Purol: demonstration by biodiesel-car guy?
Windy Cutler: co-op with Brookedale Farms canning and preserving workshop?
Dale Brady: charcuterie workshop at HHS ?
Steve Martin: Frostburg Grows
Tom Lewis: liaison, West Virginia Highlands Climate Change Impacts Initiative. Conference . Tom Rodd to speak to us in August?
5. Reports from the standing committees as needed:
Food: Windy Cutler
Health: Eva Taylor
Energy: Tim Reese
Transportation: Sarah Purol
Finance: Steve Martin
4. Presentation by Steven Martin: Topic is "Socially Responsible Investing." A brief introduction to getting your financial and investing philosophies in alignment with your local economy and sustainability values.
Posted by Jim at 10:29 AM